Posted on October 2, 2006 in Affiliate Tips p>
From time to time in forums I see a post asking about PPC (Pay Per Click) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) promotion for CPA offers. Today I am going to discuss some the advantages and disadvantages of both.
SEO – Search Engine Optimization traffic
1. This traffic is “free” besides the time and effort you have put in to get your site ranked.
2. Your site or landing page can continue to get higher position by link exchanges and other “free” promotion methods
3. Money that would be spent on PPC can be used to hire on designers promoters etc.
1. If the search engine changes the algorithm your site could drop from its high listing.
2. The effort and time put into SEO could have been used on building up other sites or landing pages.
3. Getting good rankings in a search engine can take time. Could be a month could be a year.
PPC – Pay Per Click
1. Instant traffic at a price you are willing to pay.
2. If budget is unlimited you can receive major traffic to your site or landing page.
3. Time can be used for multiple landing pages and ads.
1. It costs money
2. Google and others are making it more difficult to get good rankings. Buying a top spot for an unrelated landing page will soon be a thing of the past.
3. To stay in top rankings you may have to bid more due to competition.
While there are advantages and disadvantages to both methods of CPA promotions, they both can be profitable ways to promotes CPA offers. Many people assume that Big Earners only do PPC promotion, but the truth is many of them do 10% to 30% PPC and the rest is SEO promotion. Why? Because in essence it is “free” traffic. I personally suggest using both methods and lean towards the one you have more success with. If you are already good at SEO then use it to your advantage. If PPC ad copy comes as second nature use that to your advantage, but don’t limit yourself to just one or another.
If you have a question you want answered just leave a comment and we will do our best to answer it.