I need a computer to count how many times I see a user post in a forum or send me an email saying. Affiliate marketing isn’t real i sent 10,000 visitors to the offer or site and didn’t get one lead. Usually the main reason it doesn’t convert is the traffic is untargetted or the traffic isn’t really traffic.
First there are programs/sites all over the net that will popup, under, intersestial for a split second your ad/landing page in a window then 98% of the time the user just closes it or it gets closed by a program. But the programs call these visitors when they aren’t. These are those get 10000 visitors for 5 bucks etc… I have tried one or two of these I won’t lie but the traffic is JUST TRASH!
Secondly I find people are taking the wrong traffic and pushing it to the wrong offer. Example one guy emailed me that his stuff wasn’t converting and he was pushing a ton of traffic to the offers. They were mortgage offers. Well the traffic he was pushing was myspace, screensaver type traffic. I told him there is his problem you can’t expect that traffic to convert for mortgage and debt, maybe other screensaver or zwinky or ringtone offers but not mortgage and debt. Don’t get me wrong that traffic may get a convert or 2 for mortgage and debt Just not a 1:2 or 1:4 return.
1. Target your Traffic to Your offer (common sense you would think).
2. Get Cheap traffic don’t just rely on PPC look to CPM, direct advertising.
3. Track Your results by using your CPA networks Subid.
4. Before you buy traffic form a source search around google, forums and blogs to see what other people say about the traffic seller. (read no 5)
5. Just because a traffic source didn’t work for one person, doesnt mean it won’t work for you.
6. When you have targetted traffic and it is working well. Play with your bids, and your ad copy to increase your return.
Remember clicks don’t equal sales.