Are You Planning for Failure? Sounds like a stupid question but it really isn’t. What i mean is in those times you fail or in those times of downturn are you planing for them incase they come. Here are some tips that can help you through those failing and downturn times. (downturn could mean an offer gets pulled, or traffic tanks etc..)
1. Are you diversified? Are you reliant on just one offer or just one website? If so you are setting yourself up.. you need to diversify try promoting a new offer or website.
2. Have you saved anything? With the world of online marketing there are great months and there are bad months. The key is in the great months you don’t go blow all your money (on Fancy Cars and Vacatons, but do have some fun you did earn it) but put some aside for those months when things aren’t so hot. Nothing worse then living the high-life and 6 months late you are selling all your stuff so you can eat. I have seen it happen to people.
3. Do you have a plan to succeed? More than just enjoying what you are making now and where you are at, but do you have a plan to succeed in the future or do you just plan to ride that single wave… me personnally i catch as many waves as possible.
4. When you do Fail (not a downturn or offer pulled) but just cant seem to get some offers to work. Try learning from them just with every success you can learn from every failure. Maybe you found there wasn’t as much traffic as you thought or maybe there is so much traffic but people want what you are offering for free and you are selling it.
5. Don’t Give UP! Plain and simple people try and fail in the online world everyday the beauty of it is that the online world has such LOW startup costs compared to Brick and mortar businesses.
6. You don’t have to go it alone. While in partnerships all the reward isn’t yours but with a team or partnership you can go much further than you could on your own. The key is to put people around you with great skills in where you lack. (Disclaimer WORK everything and i mean everything down to how many bathroom breaks a day … ok well maybe not that detailed… but you don’t want to do a partnership come to find our later your partner always takes off the full month of Jan to go skiing)
Hopefully this has helped you to get your mind thinking… do you have a tip of how to plan for times of failure or even how to plan to succed? let me know by leaving a comment.