People ask me and in the various forums all the time – “Do I need a Landing Page?”. While you don’t need a landing page, 98% of the time i can make a campaign better and convert more with my own landing page than a direct link. Here are a 3 main reasons why a Landing Page is Key to really making it in affiliate marketing.
1. You control the content.
- Helps with keyword/phrase stuffing
- Placement of words and phrases for adwords quality score
- Inform the user or just push the user to the page
- Highlight the big points of the offer (Free Shipping, 20% off, Free Trial, Completely Free etc..)
2. You control the spin of the product. Let’s face it while some of the offers own page rocks, some just plain suck and are just a form to fill in, this is when your Landing page is critical to presell or get the user ready to hand over their information.
3. You can split test content, images, text, links. Remember you want to split test an offer that is on several CPA networks. You will be surprised in the difference of conversions, sometimes even the lower paying network will convert better. It’s wierd how it is always different, which is why you should split test the links. Also try different landing pages and see which ones get you more clicks onto the offer page but also which ones get you the converts.
I personnally almost always use a landing page and can attest it works! Do you use landing pages?