I received an interesting call from Yahoo Search Marketing to talk about their “Quality Pricing”. What is interesting is they have no idea what kind of leads or revenue i am producing from an ad but yet they are some how Quality pricing the ads i am paying for based on where they come from. To my surprise without the quality pricing over the past week I would have spent more than 698 and some change on top of what my account showed. While I found this interesting, what was more concerning to me is I brought up that I am US target based but yet I still at times get more than 25% from foreign countries. From there the call went south as she doesn’t deal with that and gave me the generic we are working on it. I would think it is MUCH harder to try to guage a quality of source traffic than it is to just block foriegn traffic.
My overall thoughts to Yahoo Search Marketing:
1. Thanks for the courtesy call to let me know I would have spent more had they not introduce this “quality” system.
2. Thanks for the money back over this past month (X,XXX.XX) due to the foreign traffic you are sending me. (I had to file a click fraud report to receive the credit but well worth the time)
3. Common YSM country targeting isn’t that hard other Search Engines do it much better, even some third tier.
4. Get rid of minimum .10 bid some of the traffic isn’t even worth a few pennies let alone 10 cents.
5. Don’t just follow what Google does be proactive and make a HUGE difference in the Search engine world and you will capitalize more searchers.
That’s all i can think of now. What are yall thoughts… what can Yahoo change?
Ok so back in December for 2006 i set some goals for myself for 2007 and I figured it was time to revisit them.
1. Improve my health as a web entrepreneur, we have atendacy to sit on our rears a lot. I have a gym membership but have been maybe 10 times. (I do play basketball every other tuesday though)
Unfortunately I have done very little towards this goal EXCEPT i am pumped their is a LA fitness opening up near me that will have Racquetball courts and i used to love playing so when they open up i will be playing like CRAZY! And i cancelled my 24hr fitness membership due to this.
2. Increase Company profit by 40%.
Done! I actually made more by the end of July than i did in 2006 .
3. Do even more Networking by attending conferences.
Done Went to Affiliate Summit East and I will be making a trip to visit PepperJam Search and Kris Jones this week.
4. Do more experiments with PPC (including 3rd tier)
I have done so and my first tier experiments are going great but once again proving that most 3rd tier are garbage… but I am still testing…
5. Hire a Web Designer and Programmer. (Ties a little bit to #2)
Done and Done… while not full time I have them a guaranteed amount of work each month.
6. Finish 3 sites that I have been working on since March 2006.
2 of the sites are done and up and running the 3rd is close to completition. (had some CPA offers I had to tackle and get rocking thus held off on pushing the 3rd to completion.)
7. Get my 2nd Business off the ground that I am partnering with my Dad on.
This one is basically on hold partly due to #2 and #4 .
8. Get CPA Affiliates shirts made and give some away!
I had the T-shirts made and have given some of them away. I guess i should hold a contest on my blog to give them away and not just at conferences and other people that have hit me up for one.
Still being neglected…. but maybe at some point i will get to it… as other projects have become priority.
So there you have it. Not to bad if you ask me. and the year is just a little more than half over! Where do you stand with your 2007 goals? If you didn’t ahve any set them NOW it’s never to late.