Posted on December 31, 2007 in CPA Affiliate Announcements p>
So your stuffed from eating all that food at Christmas and getting ready for a night on the town, night with your lady or a crazy New Years Celebration… whatever it may be…… are you ready for 2008 financially. Do you have your goals set? Are you motivated to expand? Are you ready for the new onslaught of offers… plus all the new means of reaching users. I am excited to see what will happen in 2008 as the affiliate business literally changes almost daily it makes for an exciting job . Plus one of my resolutions for 2008 is to blog more… not just about stuff but about tips, tricks, offers, CPA networks and information you can use. Hope you had a great 2007 but here is to 2008!!
Posted on December 23, 2007 in CPA Affiliate Announcements p>
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! May you and your family have safe travels! I love this time as it is a time to reflect, a time to see family and friends, and a time to be thankful for all our blessings!
Posted on December 20, 2007 in Maxbounty p>
I got a call the other day to schedule a delivery for a big package and wondered what it was. Well it got delivered today and it is a Christmas gift from Maxbounty which is a sweet Championship Foosball Table. I didn’t have time to put it together yet but looked it up online and it looks like it is an awesome Foosball table!
Pictures of the Maxbounty Christmas Gift 2008 – Foosball Table Box
Maxbounty – Foosball Table (picture of it i grabbed from online since i haven’t put it together yet)
Posted on December 18, 2007 in Yahoo Search Marketing p>
The UPS man dropped off a package today and to my delight it was from Yahoo Search Marketing. It is this years Christmas gift from Yahoo Search Marketing which is a slick looking Laptop Case. I really like the laptop case and it will get a good bit of use from me.
Pictures of the Yahoo Search Marketing Christmas Gift 2008 – Laptop Case
Laptop Case Open
Thanks Yahoo Search Marketing!
Posted on December 11, 2007 in Google p>
The Fedex man dropped off a package today and to my delight it was from Google. It is this year Christmas gift from Google which is a 2 GB Credit Card sized USB storage in its own little google wallet and a card to donate supplies to the school of your choice. To me not as impressive as last year digital picture frame, but it is cool they are encouraging the people the work with to also share the cheer by giving back to a school of your choice.
Pictures of the Google Christmas Gift 2008 – 2 GB USB Credit Card Sized
Are you getting 5.00 or 10.00 Google Adwords bids due to Quality Score. Don’t worry if you have setup your campaign and landing page properly. I have noticed A LOT lately within the fiirst day of starting a new campaign my bids will jump up to 1.00,5.00, and even 10.00 and a lot of my keywords will go to poor. The crazy thing is i know my landing page or site is good, my ad is good and my keywords are relevant too. What is the deal? Honestly i think it is Google just trying to get more money out of us. The first time this happened to me i was like oh great here we go again let me figure out what i forgot to put on the landing page or site and fix it etc.. but i found out nothing was wrong. So i waited a day or two and BAM all my words were back to ok and great. What is it… honestly i don’t have a specific answer but i think google is doing it to try to weed out some people or maybe run double or tripple checks on your sites before sending you traffic. It is wierd and a pain, but i have seen it happening more and more. So just let your campaign ride it out. Now if after a day or two you don’t see a change then you most likely have issue with Relevancy, Ad copy, or your site. If you are being hit with these issues you really should read through google terms and suggestions for Adwords they really are helpfull for people getting start or better yet become adwords qualified. One thing you can do is limit your campaigns and don’t put in hundreds of Keywords as i have seen some of my campaigns with more than 50 keywords seem to get hit more often, but as i stated before they go back to good standing.
Are You Planning for Failure? Sounds like a stupid question but it really isn’t. What i mean is in those times you fail or in those times of downturn are you planing for them incase they come. Here are some tips that can help you through those failing and downturn times. (downturn could mean an offer gets pulled, or traffic tanks etc..)
1. Are you diversified? Are you reliant on just one offer or just one website? If so you are setting yourself up.. you need to diversify try promoting a new offer or website.
2. Have you saved anything? With the world of online marketing there are great months and there are bad months. The key is in the great months you don’t go blow all your money (on Fancy Cars and Vacatons, but do have some fun you did earn it) but put some aside for those months when things aren’t so hot. Nothing worse then living the high-life and 6 months late you are selling all your stuff so you can eat. I have seen it happen to people.
3. Do you have a plan to succeed? More than just enjoying what you are making now and where you are at, but do you have a plan to succeed in the future or do you just plan to ride that single wave… me personnally i catch as many waves as possible.
4. When you do Fail (not a downturn or offer pulled) but just cant seem to get some offers to work. Try learning from them just with every success you can learn from every failure. Maybe you found there wasn’t as much traffic as you thought or maybe there is so much traffic but people want what you are offering for free and you are selling it.
5. Don’t Give UP! Plain and simple people try and fail in the online world everyday the beauty of it is that the online world has such LOW startup costs compared to Brick and mortar businesses.
6. You don’t have to go it alone. While in partnerships all the reward isn’t yours but with a team or partnership you can go much further than you could on your own. The key is to put people around you with great skills in where you lack. (Disclaimer WORK everything and i mean everything down to how many bathroom breaks a day … ok well maybe not that detailed… but you don’t want to do a partnership come to find our later your partner always takes off the full month of Jan to go skiing)
Hopefully this has helped you to get your mind thinking… do you have a tip of how to plan for times of failure or even how to plan to succed? let me know by leaving a comment.
I just wanted to make a post to say thanks to Jeremy for featuring my shirt and blog. But secondly to let my readers know if you want to get a cheap link to your site from a quality blog sending in Shoemoney a T-shirt is probably THE CHEAPEST way and honestly it isn’t limited to just Jeremy… nothing feeds anyones ego more than sending them free stuff (this includes me). As you will notice basically any time i (or other bloggers) have gotten anything cool for free from a network, advertiser, person or blog I (they) have given them a note of thanks in the form of a blog post. As a side note: this upcoming week i will be making a post or two… sorry i haven’t posted more but have been to busy getting some new things out the gate. One of my posts will be about failure and downturns and how to deal with them. Have a great weekend!