So Yahoo has started rolling out there new minimum bid setup, which most people were hoping this would enable people to bid less than .10 on keywords… I have yet to see them, now i do have some keywords i bid .10 and pay less per click, but i have seen many keywords inflate to crazy amounts for a minimum bid. Expecting me to pay over .50 minimum bid on a term that is only worth .10 to me. While i understand its a new system and there will be things changing but I personnally only see one thing happening due to it, people advertising less thru YSM and people putting more money into MSN and Google. While Google’s quality score is annoying at times you aren’t going to be asked for a crazy amount if your site is an authority on a subject. What is your take on the new YSM change?
Posted on April 14, 2008 in Adtech p>
I have been chosen to give away 5 VIP passes to a very exclusive VIP gathering / party that will take place at AdTech with Clickbooth as the Platinum Sponsor.
You can find the details here: http://advercircus.com/
For the contest you must come up with and implement a link bait strategy to drive traffic to http://advercircus.com and the top 5 most creative link baits will get a private party invite to this exclusive get together in San Francisco. You have to jump on this quick as we will delace a winner 4 hours prior to the party. Put your link bait out there and leave a comment or email me once you have it.
Posted on April 10, 2008 in Webmaster Talk p>
I have two big announcements. First Two large webmastering/online earning communities have merged. Earners Forum has Merged with Webmaster Talk! watch out Sitepoint and DigitalPoint looks like you got some serious competition now. Due to this merge they are having a HUGE contest with over $25,000 in prizes.
The Contest Prizes - More than $25,000 in PrizesEach of the 5 Winners will Receive the COMPLETE package below!
1. A beautiful new Macbook Air laptop from ClickBooth valued at $1,800.00!
2. A Professional version Shopping Cart solution from Interspire valued at $995.00!
3. $500 cash in a Max Bounty affiliate network account awaits you!
4. Another $500 in the form of a Text Link Ads gift certificate should help with your marketing efforts!
5. How about another Apple product, the iPod Touch from Rocket Profit….wow!
6. Another $250 cash in a Pepperjam Network account will make you smile!
7. Sure would be nice to have some custom T-shirts printed for your headline website, right? Well, Ndesigns is going to do that for you! This is 24 Custom Printed Shirts (color T’s, 3-4 color printing, one-sided).
8. The hottest new camera for blogging, The Flip, is provided by AdValiant!
9. Speaking of blogs, the MOST AMAZING paid theme ever is now yours from Revolution Theme and it isn’t just one, but the complete multi-pack!
10. To help you relax that hard working brain of yours, we close the package out with a Nintendo DS Lite from RevResponse!
That is great list of prizes for the 5 Lucky winners.
This contest is based on points that you accumulate through various means. The contest ends on May 13th at midnight. You have 33 days to achieve greatness….clock’s ticking! To find out all the contest rules and information Click Here.
Posted on April 1, 2008 in Elite Retreat p>
I attended the original Elite Retreat back over a Year ago in San Antonio and had a blast. Gained a wealth of knowledge and contacts. I decided to attend again this year. I know many say oh the price is so high… but honestly they could charge much more and it still be worth it due to the contacts and information shared. As a business if you haven’t learned yet it’s not always about what you know but sometimes it is who you know. With that said I can’t wait to get there and start talking with speakers and attendees (some are good friends i talk with weekly). If any of my readers are attending I will see you there, if not you should consider going to the next one it is well worth it!